Tuesday

The Groove

“Dude, you threw off my groove.” Not as farfetched as one may think. Grooves make me feel comfortable and in CONTROL of my life. Life means you don’t have as much control as you thought you did. And living out of the groove means that I can get hit from the most unlikely of directions from any variety of curve balls. It means that if I don’t pick up my feet when I walk then I WILL trip. It means that if I want to wipe off my cart at the grocery store with the complimentary Clorox wipes then I won’t be able to because I can’t get it out of the bottle (even though it’s right there). Also, it means that squash does not belong on a shish kebob skewer (who knew).

“Did I miss something? This seems neurotic.”

What? I’m fine. But here’s what’s really up. When life gives you a bump or a secret ingredient you have no idea what to do with then you throw it into the mix and make that interruption the best part about you life. Some may say, “What’s the huge dent in you car?” Then I say, “Not only did I mean to do that, but I can now fit into the teensiest of dark allies because of the 1 inch now absent from the right side of my car.” And I’m on my way to reaching my life long goal of becoming a spy. Conclusion: Grooves, though comfortably, are entirely unnecessary and may even be a hindrance to a happy and full life.

“Wonder what the chances are you’re right . . ..”

Dindale, Mark. 2000. The emperor’s new groove. Walt Disney Pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Reasons why I love this post:
    1. it is based off of the best film of all time.
    2. Your reference to becoming a spy, which is basically inevitable.
    3. You used a cooking metaphor. Awesome.
    4. Excellent use of parenthesis and italics.
    5. You cited your source. WHAAA! (said like Burton Guster, followed by imagined fist bump)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart Amanda Hatch!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete