Friday

Yes, I'm Literally Hanging Off a Cliff

I despise cliffhangers. A whole lot. They mess up my whole internal system of right, wrong, shifts in moods, resolution, anxiety intensity apprehension conclusion resiliency rest and endings! I can't even believe the nerve if these writers. Here I am, investing time and emotion into this tv series, probably like 10 hours of my life, and they go through all these episodes with some common conflict and they make progress to solving the issue the whole season. Then my blood pressure spikes during the last Two Part Finale (seriously? two parts? let's be for real). So I have to wait for two videos to buffer because there's no way I'm leaving the damsel in distress. It goes against everything I've ever known. So I start the second one and try not to hide my eyes from the scary parts. Then it gets resolved, cue gentle music and montage of memorable moments with the dead main character. Then, before the last commercial break, they briefly introduce a new character then BAM! New conflict. Can I not have like 10 minutes to believe that the world is good and right!?! Can I not mourn for another character lost before I am thrown into the heaping pile of problems that comes with the next episode!?! It's appalling. I'm appalled. Then! In the next season! The very first episode before the first commercial break, the conflict is resolved and the hours I spent speculating and reasoning and arguing and defending over the summer are wasted by one writers sorry yet effective effort to draw me in for another season.

Tribute to my fave cliffhanger: RAB. Brilliant. And I found out what it was before Harry did. Just thought you should all know. Great thanks bye.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should check out of the series FOREVER! and spend your time in more valuable, less stressful pursuits.

    ReplyDelete